Upon enrollment, participants must complete the weatherization component of the program during their first year.
Weatherization provides energy related repairs to help lower heating and cooling expenses, which then reduces participants’ utility bills. With lower bills, the benefits provided by ASAP, cover more of the bill, therefore making the cost of utilities even more affordable.
After an In-Home Assessment, repairs may include fixing or replacing the heating system, adding insulation and stopping air infiltration. All weatherization services are provided Free of Charge to both homeowners and renters (with property owner permission).
ASAP works in partnership with LG&E’s WeCare Program, Project Warm, a Jefferson County non-profit and Community Action Weatherization Programs in the other counties. All three programs specialize in weatherization and work in tandem to provide air sealing and appropriate repairs in each participant’s home. This work improves the efficiency of appliances and makes the home more comfortable.
The weatherization requirement may only be considered fulfilled when the following is completed:
- In-Home Assessment
- Air Sealing and/or Repairs by one of the programs listed below
- Energy Conservation Exchange with the Weatherization Specialist
- Completion Report from one of the programs
IN JEFFERSON COUNTY
IN OTHER COUNTIES
- We Care (844) 543-7335
- Central Kentucky Community Weatherization Program (270) 692-2136
- Multi-Purpose Community Weatherization Program
- Bullitt County (502) 543-4077
- Shelby County (502) 633-7162
- Spencer County (502) 477-8296
- Tri-County Community Weatherization Program
- Oldham County (502) 222-1349
- Trimble County (502) 255-7514
- Henry County (502) 845-7808